Allow the test, urine specimen, and/or controls to reach room temperature (15-30ºC) prior to testing.
1. Bring the pouch to room temperature before opening it. Remove the cup from the sealed pouch and use it within one hour.
2. Donor provides specimen.
3. Technician replaces and secures cap while the cup is on a flat surface.
4. Check the temperature label (Temp Label) up to 4 minutes after specimen collection. A green color will appear to indicate the temperature of the urine specimen. The proper range for an unadulterated specimen is 32-38°C (90-100°F).
5. Technician dates and initials the security seal and attaches the security seal over the cupcap.
6. Technician peels off label to reveal adulteration strip(s), if applicable.
7. Technician peels off the label on the multi-drug test card to view results.
8. Read the adulteration strips and Alcohol strip between 3-5 minutes with the help of color chart provided separately/ on foil pouch.Refer to your Drug Free Policy for guidelines on adulterated specimens. We recommend not to interpret the drug test results and either retest the urine or collect another specimen in case of any positive result for any adulteration test.
9. The drug strip result should be read at 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 10 minutes.