The Myoglobin Test Cassette (Whole Blood/Serum/Plasma) is intended for in vitro quantitative determination of Myoglobin in whole blood, serum or plasma as an aid in the diagnosis of Myocardial Infarction (MI).
Myoglobin (MYO) is a heme-protein normally found in skeletal and cardiac muscle with a molecular weight of 17.8 kDa. It constitutes about 2 percent of total muscle protein and is responsible for transporting oxygen within the muscle cells.1 When the muscle cells are damaged, Myoglobin is released to the blood rapidly due to its relatively small size. Following the death of tissue associated with MI, Myoglobin is one of the first markers to rise above normal levels. The level of Myoglobin increases measurably above baseline within 2-4 hours post-infarct, peaking at 9-12 hours and returning to baseline within 24-36 hours.2,3 A number of reports suggest the measurement of Myoglobin as a diagnostic aid in confirming the absence of myocardial infarction with negative predictive values of up to 100% reported at certain time periods after onset of symptoms.
Refer to Fiatest TM Go Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer Operation Manual for the complete instructions on use of the Test. The test should be conducted in roomtemperature.
1. Turn on the Analyzer power. Then according to the need, select “standard test” or“Quick test” mode.
2. Take out the ID card and insert it into the Analyzer ID Card Slot.
3. Serum/Plasma: Pipette 50 μL serum/plasma into the buffer tube, mix the specimen and the buffer well.
Whole blood: Transfer 75 μL whole blood into the buffer tube with pipette; mix the specimen and the buffer well.
4. Add diluted specimen with a Pipette: Pipette 85 μL diluted specimen into the sample well of the test cassette. Start the timer at the same time.
5. There are two test modes for Fiatest TM Go Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer, Standard Test mode and Quick Test mode. Please refer to the user manual of Fiatest TM Go Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer for details.
“Quick test” mode: After 15 minutes of adding sample, Insert the test cassette into the Analyzer, click “QUICK TEST”, fill the test information and click "NEW TEST" immediately. The Analyzer will automatically give the test result after a few seconds.
“Standard test” mode: Insert the test cassette into the Analyzer immediately after adding specimen, click “STANDARD TEST”, fill the test information and click "NEW TEST" at the same time, The Analyzer will automatically countdown 15 minutes. After the countdown, the Analyzer will give the result at once.
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
Results read by Fiatest TM Go Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer.
The result of tests for Myoglobin is calculated by Fiatest TM Go Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer and display the result on the screen. For additional information, please refer to the user manual of Fiatest TM Go Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyze.
Linearity range of FluroLit TM Myoglobin Test is 5~200 mg/L.
||Myoglobin Test Cassette