The COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test is a rapid chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 antigens in nasopharyngeal swab specimens.
The novel coronaviruses belong to the β genus. COVID-19 is an acute respiratory infectious disease. People are generally susceptible. Currently, the patients infected by the novel coronavirus are the main source of infection; asymptomatic infected people can also be an infectious source. Based on the current epidemiological investigation, the incubation period is 1 to 14 days, mostly 3 to 7 days. The main manifestations include fever, fatigue and dry cough. Nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, myalgia and diarrhea are found in a few cases.
Coronaviruses are enveloped RNA viruses that are distributed broadly among humans, other mammals, and birds and that cause respiratory, enteric, hepatic, and neurologic diseases.1 Six coronavirus species are known to cause human disease.2 Four viruses — 229E, OC43, NL63, and HKU1 — are prevalent and typically cause common cold symptoms in immunocompetent individuals.2
1. Insert a sterile swab into the nostril of the patient, reaching the surface of the posterior nasopharynx.
2. Swab over the surface of the posterior nasopharynx.
3. Withdraw the sterile swab from the nasal cavity.
Only the extraction buffer and specimen collection tube provided in the kit is to be used for swab specimen preparation.
1. Unscrew the cap of the specimen collection tube.
2. Insert the swab specimen into the specimen collection tube. Press against the inner wall of the tube and stir the swab for approximately 10 seconds while pressing theswab head against the inner wall of the tube to release the antigens in the collection
3. Remove the swab while squeezing the sides of the tube to extract the liquid from the swab.
4. Tighten the cap onto the specimen collection tube.
【DIRECTIONS FOR USE】
Allow the test, extracted specimen and/or controls to equilibrate to room temperature (15-30°C) prior to testing.
1. Exact QR Code from the QR code card for the specific information of the test. Use only QR code card provided inside the test kits.
2. Remove the test cassette from the sealed foil pouch and use it within one hour. Best results will be obtained if the test is performed immediately after opening the foil pouch.
3. Invert the specimen collection tube and add 3 drops of the extracted specimen (approx.75μl) to the specimen well(S) and then start the timer.
4. Wait for the colored line(s) to appear. The results should be read with the Alltest LF Reader at 15 minutes. Do not interpret test results visually.
Note: For the Alltest LF Reader installation, start up and complete instructions refer to the Alltest LF Reader User Manual. Operator must consult the Alltest LF Reader User Manual prior to use and become familiar with the processes and quality control procedures.
【INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS】
Results read by the Alltest LF reader.
The result of positive or negative for SARS-CoV-2 antigens is determined by the Alltest
Result could be exported to excel or PDF.
||COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test