Cystatin C or cystatin 3 (formerly gamma trace, post-gamma-globulin, or neuroendocrine basic polypeptide), a protein encoded by the CST3 gene, is mainly used as a biomarker of kidney function.Cystatin C has a low molecular weight (approximately 13.3 kilodaltons), and it is removed from the bloodstream by glomerular filtration in the kidneys. If kidney function and glomerular filtration rate decline, the blood levels of cystatin C rise. Cross-sectional studies (based on a single point in time) suggest that serum levels of cystatin C are a more precise test of kidney function (as represented by the glomerular filtration rate, GFR) than serum creatinine levels.Longitudinal studies (following cystatin Cover time) are sparse, but some show promising results.Cystatin C levels are less dependent on age, gender, ethnicity and muscle mass compared to creatinine.
Refer to Fiatest TM Go Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer Operation Manual for the complete instructions on use of the Test. The test should be in room temperature.
Allow the test cassette, specimen, buffer and/or controls to reach room temperature (15-30°C) prior to testing.
1. Turn on the Analyzer power. Then according to the need, select “standard test” or “Quick test” mode.
2. Remove the ID card and insert it into the Analyzer port.
3. Pipette 20μL of specimen into the buffer tube, then mix thoroughly.
4. Pipette 75μL diluted sample into the sample well. Start the timer at the same time.
5. There are two test modes for Fiatest TM Go Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer, Standard Test mode and Quick Test mode. Please refer to the user manual of Fiatest TM Go Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer for details.
“Quick test” mode: After 10 minutes of adding sample,Insert the test cassette into the Analyzer and click "New test" immediately,The Analyzer will automatically give the test result after a few seconds.
“Standard test” mode: Insert the test cassette into the Analyzer immediately after adding specimen, click "New test" at the same time, The Analyzer will automatically countdown 10 minutes. After the countdown, the Analyzer will give the result at once.
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
Results read by Fiatest TM Go Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer.
The result of tests for Cystatin C is calculated by Fiatest TM Go Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer and display the result on the screen. For additional information, please refer to the user manual of Fiatest TM Go Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyze.
Linearity range of Fiatest TM Go Cystatin C Test is 0.1-9 mg/L.
||CysC Test Cassette