FABP is a newly introduced plasma marker of acute myocardial infarction (AMI). The plasma kinetics of FABP (15kD) closely resemble those of H-FABP in that elevated plasma concentrations are found within 2 hours after AMI and return to normal generally within 18 to 24 hours. But the concentration of FABP in the skeletal muscle is 20 times lower than in cardiac tissue (for H-FABP the same content for cardiac and skeletal tissue), that makes FABP to be more cardiac specific than H-FABP. This makes FABP a useful biochemical marker for the early assessment or exclusion of AMI. FABP also appears to be a useful plasma marker for the estimation of myocardial infarct size. FABP is suitable for use as a standard in immunoassay for early detection of acute myocardial infarction, immunogen for antisera production, mass FABP standard, FABP biochemical and immunochemical studies, tracer for iodination.
Refer to Fiatest TM Go Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer Operation Manual for the complete instructions on use of the Test. The test should be conducted in room temperature.
Allow the test, specimen, buffer and/or controls to reach room temperature (15-30°C) prior to testing.
1. Turn on the Analyzer power. Then according to the need, select “standard test” or “Quick test” mode.
2. Take out the ID card and insert it into the Analyzer port.
3. Serum/Plasma: Pipette 50μL serum/plasma into the buffer tube, mix the specimen and the buffer well.
4. Whole blood: Transfer 75μL whole blood into the buffer tube with pipette; mix the specimen and the buffer well.
5. Add diluted specimen with a Pipette: Pipette 85μL diluted specimen into the sample well of the test cassette. Start the timer at the same time.
6. There are two test modes for Fiatest TM Go Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer, Standard Test mode and Quick Test mode. Please refer to the user manual of Fiatest TM Go Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer for details.
“Quick test” mode: After 15 minutes of adding sample,Insert the test cassette into the Analyzer, click “QUICK TEST”, fill the test information and click "NEW TEST" immediately. The Analyzer will automatically give the test result after a few seconds.
“Standard test” mode: Insert the test cassette into the Analyzer immediately after adding specimen, click “STANDARD TEST”, fill the test information and click "NEW TEST" at the same time, The Analyzer will automatically countdown 15 minutes. After the countdown, the Analyzer will give the result at once.
|H-FABP Test Cassette