A rapid test for measuring Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) in Urine with the use of Novatrend TM fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer. For professional in vitro diagnostic use only.
Application And Description:
Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL), also known as Lipocalin-2 (LCN2) or oncogene 24p3,is a protein that in humans is encoded by the LCN2 gene.
NGAL is involved in innate immunity by sequestrating iron that in turn limits bacterial growth. It is expressed in neutrophils and in low levels in the kidney, prostate, and epithelia of the respiratory and alimentary tracts. NGAL is used as a biomarker of kidney injury.
In the case of acute kidney injury (AKI), NGAL is secreted in high levels into the blood and urine within 2 hours of injury.Because NGAL is protease resistant and small, the protein is easily excreted and detected in the urine. NGAL levels in patients with AKI have been associated with the severity of their prognosis and can be used as a biomarker for AKI NGAL can also be used as an early diagnosis for procedures such as chronic kidney disease, contrast induced nephropathy, and kidney transplant.
How to use?
Refer to Novatrend TM Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer Operation Manual for the complete instructions on use of the Test. The test should be conducted in room temperature.
Allow the test, specimens and/or controls to reach room temperature (15-30°C) prior to testing.
1. Turn on the Analyzer power. Then according to the need, select “Standard test” or “Quick test” mode.
2. Take out the ID card and insert it into the Analyzer port.
3. Pipette 75μL of urine into the buffer tube, mix the specimen and the buffer well.
4. Transfer 75μL diluted sample into the sample well of the test cassette.
5. There are two test modes for Novatrend TM Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer, Standard Test mode and Quick Test mode. Please refer to the user manual of Novatrend TM Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer for details.
“Quick test” mode: After 10 minutes of adding sample,Insert the test cassette into the Analyzer, click “QUICK TEST”, fill the test information and click "NEW TEST" immediately. The Analyzer will automatically give the test result after a few seconds.
“Standard test” mode: Insert the test cassette into the Analyzer immediately after adding specimen, click “STANDARD TEST”, fill the test information and click "NEWTEST" at the same time, The Analyzer will automatically countdown 10 minutes. After the countdown, the Analyzer will give the result at once.
||N-GAL Test Cassette