|Shelf Time:||24months||Cut-off:||25 Ng/ml, 40ng/ml, 50ng/ml*, 100ng/ml|
stool occult blood test kit,
fob Test Kit
FOB Test is a rapid, visual immunoassay test for the qualitative detection of human blood hemoglobin in fecal samples. The main use for the fecal occult blood test (FOB) is as a screen for early colon cancer in the clinical lab, hospital and other professional organizations.
The presence of fecal occult blood in the stool is associated with gastrointestinal disorders such as polyps, diverticulitis, and colon disease, which may lead to colorectal cancer if not detected and treated early. Compared to the widely available Guaiac test, the One Step Fecal Occult Blood Test is an immunochemical assay with much higher sensitivity and is designed to be more specific in detecting low levels of human fecal occult blood. It does not require special dietary restriction on patients. One Step Fecal Occult Blood Test is a rapid test that can be performed without the use of an instrument. Test yields a positive result when the concentration of hHb in test specimen is at or above 100ng/ml.
How to use?
Allow the test, specimen, buffer and/or controls to reach room temperature (15-30°C) prior to testing.
1. To collect fecal specimens:
Collect feces in a clean, dry specimen collection container. Best results will be obtained if the assay is performed within 6 hours after collection. Specimen collected may be stored for 3 days at 2-8°C if not tested within 6 hours.
2. To process fecal specimens:
Unscrew the cap of the specimen collection tube,then randomly stab the specimen collection applicator into the fecal specimen in at least 3 different sites. Do not scoop the fecal specimen.
Screw on and tighten the cap onto the specimen collection tube, then shake the specimen collection tube vigorously to mix the specimen and the extraction buffer. Specimens prepared in the specimen collection tube may be stored for 6 months at -20°C if not tested within 1 hour after preparation.
3. Bring the pouch to room temperature before opening it. Remove the test cassette from the foil pouch and use it as soon as possible. Best results will be obtained if the test is performed immediately after opening the foil pouch.
4. Hold the specimen collection tube upright and open the cap onto the specimen collection tube. Invert the specimen collection tube and transfer 3 full drops of the extracted specimen (approximately 120μL) to the specimen well (S) of the test cassette, then start the timer. Avoid trapping air bubbles in the specimen well (S). See illustration below.
5. Read results at 5 minutes. Do not read results after 10 minutes.
|Cat. No.||Product Description||Specimen||Format||Kit Size||Cut-Off||Status|
|TFO-602||FOB Rapid Test Cassette||Feces||Cassette||25 T||25ng/mL, 40ng/mL, 50ng/mL*, 100ng/mL||CE|