Allow the test, reagents, throat swab specimen, and/or controls to reach room temperature (15-30℃) prior to testing.
1. Remove the test cassette from the sealed foil pouch and use it within one hour. Best results will be obtained if the test is performed immediately after opening the foil pouch.
2. Hold the Extraction Reagent 1 bottle vertically and add 200 μL of Extraction Reagent 1 to an extraction tube. Extraction Reagent 1 is red in color. Hold the Extraction Reagent 2 bottle vertically and add 200 μL to the tube. Extraction Reagent 2 is colorless. Mix the solution by gently swirling the extraction tube. The addition of Extraction Reagent 2 to Extraction Reagent 1 changes the color of the solution from red to yellow.
3. Immediately add the swab into the extraction tube, agitate the swab vigorously 15 times,and leave the swab in the extraction test tube for 1 minute.
4. Press the swab against the side of the tube and squeeze the bottom of the tube while removing the swab so that most of the liquid stays in the tube. Discard the swab.
5. Place the test cassette on a clean and level surface. Pipette 85 μL diluted specimen into the sample well of the test cassette. Start the timer at the same time.
6. There are two test modes for Novatrend TM Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer, Standard Test mode and Quick Test mode. Please refer to the user manual of Novatrend TM Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer for details.
“Quick test” mode: After 15 minutes of adding sample,Insert the test cassette into the Analyzer, click “QUICK TEST”, fill the test information and click "NEW TEST" immediately. The Analyzer will automatically give the test result after a few seconds.
“Standard test” mode: Insert the test cassette into the Analyzer immediately after adding specimen, click “STANDARD TEST”, fill the test information and click "NEW TEST" at the same time, The Analyzer will automatically countdown 15 minutes. After the countdown, the Analyzer will give the result at once.
||Strep A Test Cassette