|Specimen:||Blood/Serum/Plasma||Feature:||High Sensitivity, Specificity, And No Cross Reactivity|
|Format:||Strip, Cassette, Uncut Sheet||Storage:||2-30℃|
diagnostic tests for infection,
infectious disease diagnostic tests
The HIV 1.2 Rapid Test Cassette (Whole Blood/Serum/Plasma) is a rapid chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of antibodies to Human Immunodeficiency Virus(HIV) type 1 and type 2 in whole blood, serum or plasma to aid in the diagnosis of HIV infection.
HIV is the etiologic agent of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). The virion is surrounded by a lipid envelope that is derived from host cell membrane. Several viral glycoproteins are on the envelope. Each virus contains two copies of positive-sense genomic RNAs. HIV 1 has been isolated from patients with AIDS and AIDS-related complex, and from healthy people with high potential risk for developing AIDS. 1 HIV 2 has been isolated from West African AIDS patients and from seropositive asymptomatic individuals. 2 Both HIV 1 and HIV 2 elicit immune response. Detection of HIV antibodies in serum, plasma is the most efficient and common way to determine whether an individual has been exposed to HIV and to screen blood and blood products for HIV. 4 Despite the differences in their biological characteristics, serological activities and genome sequences, HIV 1 and HIV 2 show strong antigenic cross-reactivity. 5,6 Most HIV 2 positive sera can be identified by using HIV 1 based serological tests.
The HIV 1.2 Rapid Test Cassette(Whole Blood/Serum/Plasma) is a rapid test to qualitatively detect the presence of antibody to HIV 1 and/or HIV 2 in whole blood, serum or plasma specimen. The test utilizes latex conjugate and multiple recombinant HIV proteins to selectively detect antibodies to the HIV 1.2 in whole blood, serum or plasma.
【DIRECTIONS FOR USE】
Allow the test, specimen, buffer and/or controls to reach room temperature (15-30°C) prior to testing.
1. Remove the test Cassette from the sealed pouch and use it as soon as possible.
2. Place the Cassette on a clean and level surface.
For Serum or Plasma specimen: Hold the dropper vertically and transfer 1 drop of serum or plasma (approximately 25 μL) to the specimen area, then add 1 drop of buffer (approximately 40 μL),and start the timer, see illustration below.
For Venipuncture Whole Blood specimen: Hold the dropper vertically and transfer 2 drops of whole blood (approximately 50 μL) to the specimen area, then add 2 drops of buffer (approximately 80 μL), and start the timer. See illustration below.
For Fingerstick Whole Blood specimen:
· To use a capillary tube: Fill the capillary tube and transfer approximately 50 μL of fingerstick whole blood specimen to the specimen area of test Cassette, then add 2 drops of buffer (approximately 80 μL) and start the timer. See illustration below.
· To use hanging drops: Allow 2 hanging drops of fingerstick whole blood specimen (approximately 50 μL) to fall into the specimen area of test Cassette, then add 2 drops of buffer (approximately 80 μL) and start the timer. See illustration below.
3. Wait for the colored line(s) to appear. Read results at 10 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 20 minutes.
|Cat. No.||Product Description||Specimen||Format||Kit Size||Cut-Off||Status|
|IHI-402||HIV 1.2 Rapid Test Cassette||WB/S/P||Cassette||40 T||See Insert||Non-CE|